Latest Update: May 2018
This Policy (organized with other documents referred to herein) describes what personal data we collect from you and how we process your personal data.
Personal data we may collect from you
- We will collect personal data on your visits to the Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, setting data, weblogs, content from surveys and contact methods and other communication data and the possessions that you access. Our assortment of this personal data will mark your visit to the Website easier in the future as we will be capable to suggest Content that is significant to you based on the location you contact the Website from.
- We will collect any info you provide to us when you use our contact forms (for example “Contact”, “Send us a Message”, “Get financial updates”, or “Contact us about working together”). The provision of your personal data via our contact forms is not a legislative or pledged requirement; however, please note that fields striking with a symbol (*) are obligatory fields because we want this data to comply with or respond to your request. Other data or personal data you share with us when completing our contact forms is in your sole freedom of choice. If you contact us, we will keep a record of that correspondence.
- We use your personal data to send you direct marketing via e-mail when you opt-in for this purpose in the significant contact form. You may opt-out of receiving future marketing communications at any time.
How we use your personal data
Your personal data will be composed and organized by us for the following purposes:
- To best tailor Content and resources according to your preferences.
- To reply to your request or queries once you contact us.
- To send to you other data – such as Amiga upcoming events or newsletters – that may be of attention to you.
- To support us create, publish, and improve Content most relevant to you.
- To safeguard that the Content provided through the Website is presented in the utmost operative manner for you and for your device.
- To allow you to contribute in interactive features of our Website when you choose to do so.
- To additional develop and advance the Website and systems to improved serve you.
Our use of your data as described above is permitted by applicable data protection law because it is:
- Necessary for our legitimate safeties in pursuing the commitments set out above, and such interests in every case not being dominated by your privacy interests;
- In some cases, compulsory to meet our legal or principal responsibilities, such as revelations to authorities, controllers or government bodies; or
- In some cases, required for the enactment of a task carried out in the public attention and, when we use special classifications of personal data, necessary for establishing. Exercising or guarding legal claims or where the dealing out relates to personal data transparently in the public domain;
- In limited conditions, managed with user consent which we acquire from you from time to time, such as once you opt-in to obtain advertising communications and newscast via email.
We do not make any automated decisions solely on automatic processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affects you.
We will keep your data for the length of the period required in order to meet our legal or regulatory responsibilities. Typically this is for 2 years.
Involvement with third parties
To expedite our effectual use of your data, and to be responsible for you with the content and/or resources, we unveil your data to third parties. However, this revelation will only happen in the following conditions:
- To providers, workers, and agents: from time to time we may participate or service other businesses and characters to implement functions on our behalf. Examples comprise the hosting and/or maintaining of Website content, or the establishment of certain features contained on the Website, the endowment of marketing services or to provide financial updates upon your request. These providers are based in the following locations: the United States and India. Such receivers will only have right to use to your personal data as required by them to complete their functions and are not allowable to use such personal data for any other purposes. These recipients will be subject to predetermined concealment obligations.
- To other entities belonging to the Amiga Foundation (i.e. any companies directly or indirectly controlled by Amiga). A list of Amiga Foundation companies is included here https://www.amigafoundation.org/contact-us/ including their suppliers, contractors, and agents, which may be involved in the provision of the Website or the content, so that we can better serve you or, simply, to give response to your requests (e.g. when you use to contact us forms).
- To government or law supervision authorities if we regulate in our sole option that we are under a legal responsibility to do so.
IP addresses and cookies
We gather data about your computer, counting (where available) your IP address, operating system and browser category, for system management. This is statistical data about our users’ look through activities and configurations, and does not classify you or any separate entity.
If your computer is collective with other individuals, we advise that you do not choice the ‘remember my details’ possibility when that option is obtainable by the Website.
Wherever your personal data is placed and managed.
As described in the “Sharing with third parties” passage above, we fragment your personal data with the following:
- Third party suppliers, contractors or agents: where we use a third party supplier, contractor or agent, your personal data remains beneath our control and we have controls in domicile to ensure your personal data is adequately protected.
- Other companies in the Amiga Group: we have entered into a group-wide arrangement to ensure your personal data continues to be subject to an adequate level of protection.
We endeavor to take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your personal data is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy.
Do we transfer your data outside of India?
Your personal data can be transferred and processed in one or more other countries outside of India. We shall only transfer your data outside India to countries which provide an adequate level of data protection as defined by India data protection law, or where the Amiga Foundation has put in place appropriate safeguards to seek to preserve the privacy of your data. Those countries include the United States and the United Kingdom.
Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, you should be aware that the transmission of data via the internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal data transmitted to the Website or any third party; for this reason, any transmission is at your own risk. We will use strict operational procedures and adequate, technical and organizational security measures to prevent any unauthorized access, change, deletion or transmission of this personal data.
Your rights. How you can access, correct and delete your personal data
Under applicable data protection laws, you have the following rights:
- Right to access and obtain a copy of your personal data: You are entitled to request confirmation whether we process any of your personal data. Where this is the case, you may have access to your personal data and to certain data about how it is processed. In some cases, you can ask us to provide you with an electronic copy of your data.
- Right to precise your personal data: If you can exhibit that personal data we hold about you is not precise, you can ask that this data is updated or else corrected.
- Right to be forgotten/have data deleted: In certain conditions, you have the right to have your personal data deleted. You may make such an entreaty at any time and Amiga will assess if your entreaty should be granted, though this right is subject to any legal rights or obligations we may have to retain data. For situations where in accordance with the law, we determine that your request to have your personal data deleted must be approved, Amiga will do so without undue delay.
To exercise your rights, you can contact us at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will only send marketing communications to you via email where you have consented that we may do so.
We will usually offer you a checkbox on the forms we use to collect your personal data where, if you agree to receive marketing communications, you have to click the box. Where we send marketing communications to you via email, you may opt-out of receiving any further marketing communications by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ or ‘opt-out’ function in the email. In addition, you can also exercise your opt-out right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com and providing the following data: your name, your email address, a contact telephone number, marketing communications you would like to opt out of receiving.
Changes to this Policy
The terms of this Policy may modify from time to time. We shall distribute any substantial changes to this Policy through suitable notifications either on this website or connection you expending other communication channels.
Questions, comments and requests concerning this Policy are welcomed and should be addressed to Amiga Foundation 2nd Floor B-93, Sector 65 Noida-India, email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can request a copy of contrivances relating to a definite transfer of your personal data by contacting email@example.com